The Madre, hay esperanza® CD is a 35 minute Spanish-language CD intended to raise awareness about postpartum depression and make this information more accessible for Latino families. The CD includes compelling stories, culturally appropriate information about postpartum depression, and enjoyable music. Components of the CD include:
- A novela about a new mother experiencing signs of postpartum depression and how her family helps her
- A personal story about one woman’s experience with postpartum depression
- Latino music from local Wisconsin artists
- Signs and symptoms of postpartum depression
- What to do if a woman shows signs of postpartum depression
- Hopeful messages that reduce the stigma of depression
The CD can be given to Spanish-speaking parents or expectant parents by providers in public and private prenatal, postpartum, or pediatric care settings, as well as in home visiting or other community education programs.